According to Simplicable, a career change or switch is taking on a role that is quite different from your recent job experience. It means taking a completely different career path from what you’re used to. A survey conducted by Amazon showed that more than half of Americans are currently looking for a new job because of the pandemic, according to Morning Consult. The US economy is short of 11.5 million jobs since the pandemic hit the country. During the survey majority of job seekers are trying to transition into fields like healthcare and technology, which reflects that these two industries are still booming at a time when many are suffering. Even before the pandemic a lot of people were still making career changes due to various reasons.
1. Goals: Your career goals or values may have changed; you may have discovered new interests that you would like to incorporate into your job or you probably just want to ditch the conventional career rules.
2. Standard of living: You may wish to make more money to improve the quality of life you’re currently living due to change in circumstances. Money and salary are often a big reason people decide to move on from a careCareer er. According to a study conducted in India and published in the Economic times shows that 63% of mid-level professionals consider a higher salary a reason to stay in a job or subsequently look for better opportunities.
3. Flexible hours: Your current career may not be as flexible as you’d like. So to have more flexible hours, you might decide to change. According to a survey by FlexJobs on a career change, work-life balance was the top reason for finding a new career.
4. Fulfilment: Yes, fulfilment is an important part of having a career. If you’re not enjoying your job or you’re stuck with a job that isn’t you or that you’re not utilizing your full potential, it’s probably time for a career change.
5. Stress: In today’s fast-paced world, stress seems to be an unavoidable side effect of work. In a Forbes article, results from a survey of 7,000 U.S workers showed that 42% of working professionals looked for another option due to stress and left a position because of it. Okay, you want to change your career path but you have no idea what else you could do – or where to even start? Hopefully, the following tips help you out..